1. Preservation of Dignity • Each individual’s life experiences come together to form a unique road map of their life; we honor this and always give each person the respect they deserve. Each and every day should be a pleasant one; it is our goal to maintain this outlook. Activities are meaningful and are designed to give a sense of purpose and to be a source of pride and accomplishment for the resident.
Nurturing of Spirit
• Happiness is derived from the health of the mind, body, and spirit.
We offer a variety of activities that focus on mental exercise,
interaction with other residents to provide a social atmosphere, as well
as the fulfillment of spiritual preferences so that our residents can
maintain their happiness and provide well-rounded health care.
Acknowledgement of Individuality
• Services provided are based on each individual resident’s needs. Our
staff is capable of assisting with everyday tasks as well as providing
the desired level of personal assistance that the resident may request.
A personalized Service Plan will be created for each resident based
upon their Medical Assessment as well as through daily interaction,
wellness needs, and any unique characteristics that a resident may
4. Freedom of
• We honor everyone’s freedom of choice at Heartland. We offer
customized meals, each resident’s favorite snacks and beverages, etc.
input is always considered when deciding on an outing or what to watch
on TV. We will not wake you unless it is a necessity for your care or
safety; we want to empower our residents with the option to go about
their day however they please.
• Although we will always be there to assist our residence in whatever
task is at hand, we also want to encourage our residents to be
independent. Our facility is designed to promote easy and safe mobility
through-out. Staff members will promote resident independence wherever
possible during the course of the day.
Involvement of Friends and Family
• Friends and family are a crucial part to anyone’s quality of life;
that’s why Heartland, encourages friends and family members to
participate in any and all activities and events. There are no
“visiting hours”; we are pleased to have you any time of the day!
Communication will always be open, and regular, between family members/
responsible parties in regards to a resident. To ensure that we are
providing the best care possible to our residents, we recognize that
effective communication is important and necessary. We would love to
see family members and friends join us for outings and our backyard